Advertising Disclosures and Disclaimers
In an attempt to be transparent about how this website makes money, as well as comply with the applicable Federal Trade Commission rules and regulations (see https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/advertising-and-marketing/online-advertising-and-marketing for more information), we have published these disclosures. If you have any questions or concerns, please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com. And please read this carefully!!
Cheapest Lenses is an independent publisher that is reader-supported. That means we make money when you click or buy a product through the links on our site (at no additional cost to you).
For us to continue operating at the highest level and to create quality content (that is free), we maintain affiliate relationships with vision product companies (or portals like Amazon.com).
This may influence which products we review and write about (and where those products appear on the site), but it does not affect our recommendations or advice. The vision product companies cannot pay us to guarantee favorable reviews of their products.
However, because we are not without financial motivation when we publish content on our site, we want you to understand more about our affiliate relationships and how we make money:
- CheapestLenses.com makes money and gets paid (1) on a cost-per-click basis: we get paid if you click on the link, regardless of whether or not you purchase the product; or (2) affiliate commission: if you purchase a product after clicking on links that appear on our site, we will receive a percentage of the sale.
- We cannot control whether a certain vision product company pays us on a cost-per-click basis or affiliate commission.
- If you return a product that you purchased through a link on our site, and you return the product, we lose the affiliate commission we were paid. We have no incentive to promote bad products.
- In an attempt to limit bias, we choose to work only with companies that participate in some type of an affiliate program (whether cost-per-click based, affiliate commission based or otherwise). If a particular company we like doesn’t have an affiliate program, we try to inform them about this requirement. We try not to review products that are not associated with some type of affiliate program.
- We do not (and cannot) review every company or product on the market. Also, we may elect to discontinue featuring certain products on our site if we determine that certain products or companies are not very popular among our readers or for any other reason within our sole discretion.
- We neither sell product placements, links, mentions, nor do we receive payments for favorable reviews.
- The amount of money we make from each vision product company varies. For example, some companies pay higher affiliate commissions than others. To be clear, this may influence where certain products appear on the site, but it does not affect our recommendations or advice.